Find It

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Brand Loyalty & Organics

I'm very budget conscious, so I don't have a ton of brand loyalty. I've never purchased a thing at Whole Foods either. I don't deny that organic food can taste better and be better for your longevity;  I use some, but it's usually something from my CSA or local farmer's market.  In those cases, I'm trying to support local business more than I'm being snobbish about ingredients. I just can't justify the cost. So I use prepared foods. I buy store brands. I eat chemically treated produce. You can always substitute brands in my recipes. I think they're delicious with my knock-offs, so they'd be AMAZING with any tastier options.

There are a few products in my life, however, where I insist on a specific brand. It's a discriminating palate, I suppose.

Those are:

Ketchup - must be Heinz
Mayo - must be Hellmans
Miracle Whip - no store brand "salad dressing" on this one
Dried Pasta -- Barilla, Prince, De Cecco or Creamette
Dijon mustard - must be Grey Poupon
Stock - Kitchen Basics is dark, rich and flavorful
Peanut butter - Jif

I'll post more if I think of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment