Find It

Friday, November 5, 2010

Marinated Pot Roast

My mom really isn't as good of a cook as I thought when I was a kid.  (My dad isn't as tall either).  But this simple recipe was one I liked.  We used to broil it in the oven, then Dad tried it on the grill once. The grill is the only way to go.


Ingredients
3-4 lb chuck roast
2 pkgs McCormick Meat Marinade  (brand is critical here)

Non-standard supplies
Grill.  Don't ruin this by cooking it in an oven/broiler.

Instructions
  1. Make 1 package of marinade as pkg instructs  (you'll need vegetable oil, white vinegar).
  2. Add second package of marinade mix to solution without adding more liquid.  This makes the marinade stronger.
  3. Slice the roast into thin strips against the grain, discarding large fat pieces.  The thinner the better - think fajita meat.
  4. Cover meat with marinade and refrigerate for 2-3 hours
  5. Occasionally, stab meat with a fork to tenderize
  6. Grill meat until desired internal temp reached, I recommend medium since it's a tough piece of meat.  Because it's so thin, it will not retain heat for long, so cook in batches if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment